Humble ISD would like to remind parents that the Texas Vaccines for Children's low-cost vaccine program is available to their kids.
The Texas Vaccines for Children (TVFC) program provides low-cost vaccines to eligible children from birth through 18 years of age who meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Eligible for participation in the Medicaid program - Enrolled in the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) 1 - American Indian or Alaska Native (As defined by 25 U.S.C. 1603) - Uninsured Children: Children who do not have health insurance
What immunizations does my child need?
All students must be immunized in accordance with state law before entering Texas schools. You may find immunization requirement information at www.immunizetexas.com. The Center for Disease Control and the Texas Department of State Health services also provided information on immunizations that are recommended but not required.
City and county health centers will provide immunizations to students on Medicaid or with no insurance. Students with insurance must find another option, such as a doctor's office or pharmacy. These facilities are aware of school requirements, however these requirements can be found at www.immunizetexas.com.
For your convenience, Humble ISD has partnered with Texas Vaccine Institute (TVI) to offer immunization clinics that are open to all students. Immunizations will cost $15 for one immunization, $25 for two and $30 for three or more. Only private insurance or cash accepted. No medicaid.
Clinics to be held in Humble ISD:
- Monday, July 29 from 8 a.m. to noon and 3 to 7 p.m. Woodcreek Middle School: 14600 Woodson Park Drive, Houston 77004
- Tuesday, July 30 from 8 a.m. to noon and 3 to 7 p.m. Woodcreek Middle School: 14600 Woodson Park Drive, Houston 77004
- Wednesday, July 31 from 3 to 6 p.m. Timberwood Middle School, 18450 Timber Forest Drive, Humbe 77346
- Saturday, August 3 from 9 a.m. to noon West Lake Middle School: 11810 Madera Run Parkway, Humble, 77346
- Tuesday, August 6 from 7:30 a.m. to noon and 2 to 7 p.m. Atascocita Middle School, 18810 West Lake Houston Parkway, Humble 77346
- Wednesday, August 7 from 12:30 to 4:30 p.m. Creekwood Middle School, 3603 West Lake Houston Parkway, Kingwood 77339
- Wednesday, August 7 from 10 a.m. to noon River Pines Elementary School, 2400 Cold River Drive, Humble 77396 *This session is only for those with Medicaid or no insurance, or insurance that does not cover immunizations. Provided by Texas Children's Mobile Clinic.
Please have the immunization record of each child receiving an immunization or the Humble ISD notice of required immunizations for each child.