Showcase Carpets & Floors in Kingwood TX is currently looking for a friendly and reliable individual for full-time employment (34-40 hours per week) to join our showroom staff. Showcase offers a small business working environment and a moderately flexible work schedule. Showcase does not offer medical insurance benefits at this time.
As a company, Showcase Carpets & Floors sells popular flooring products and professional installation services to consumers interested in renovating their homes. Our reputation is built on customers enjoying an easy purchasing experience, quality products, expert installation and reliable installation schedules.
Please arrange an appointment with Sean before visiting the showroom regarding employment.
Product Specialist / Sales Associate
Flooring store showroom
Provide information, advice, and pricing to customers to help them browse, understand, and purchase flooring for their own home, and add customer preferences to our records.
Key areas of responsibility
- Develop and maintain relationships with new and returning customers
- Generate, record and input customer information and preferences
- Schedule appointments for Project Managers with the help of calendar software
- Maintain a clean and organized showroom so product samples are available on a continuous basis
- Estimate areas from room dimensions with the help of computer software
- Identify and retrieve product information from various resources
- Communicate messages between customers, vendors, contractors and coworkers
- Strong sense of customer service
- Experience in a customer-facing position
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to lift a minimum of 40 pounds
- Fluency in English, good writing skills, and legible handwriting
- Ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical audiences
- Some experience with email, Microsoft Windows, Word and Excel
- Ability to work Saturdays
Compensation and schedule
- $14.00 per hour and up
- Working 4 or 5 out of 6 days per week, Monday through Saturday
- Monday through Friday hours are 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM
- Saturday hours are 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- Occasional overtime may be available if desired; in rare circumstances it may be required
It is not required to have any previous experience with the flooring industry. Training is provided.
This is a customer-interactive position where advising and educating consumers is a significant part of the job. A professional, helpful and patient attitude leads to success.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $14.00 per hour
$14 starting and up based on skills and responsibilities
Contact this Employer »