Showcase Carpets & Floors in Kingwood TX is currently looking for a friendly and reliable individual for full-time employment (35-40 hours per week) to join our showroom staff. Showcase offers a small business working environment and a moderately flexible work schedule. Benefits are not provided.
As a company, Showcase Carpets & Floors sells popular flooring products and professional installation services to consumers interested in renovating their homes. Our reputation is built on customers enjoying an easy purchasing experience, quality products, expert installation and reliable installation schedules.
Please direct any inquiries along with a current resume to Sean at ****@*****.***. Please arrange an appointment before visiting the showroom regarding employment.
Product Specialist / Sales Associate
Flooring store showroom
Provide information, advice, and pricing to customers to help them browse, understand, and purchase flooring for their own home, and add customer preferences to our records.
Key areas of responsibility
- Develop and maintain relationships with new and returning customers
- Generate, record and input customer information and preferences
- Schedule appointments for Project Managers with the help of calendar software
- Maintain a clean and organized showroom so product samples are available on a continuous basis
- Estimate areas from room dimensions with the help of computer software
- Identify and retrieve product information from various resources
- Communicate messages between customers, vendors, contractors and coworkers
- Strong sense of customer service
- Experience in a customer-facing position
- Good organizational skills
- Algebra level math skills
- Ability to lift a minimum of 40 pounds
- Fluency in English, good writing skills, and legible handwriting
- Ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical audiences
- Experience with email, Microsoft Windows, Word and Excel
- Ability to work most Saturdays
Compensation and schedule
- $13.00 per hour and up
- Working 5 out of 6 days per week, Monday through Saturday
- Monday through Friday hours are 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM
- Saturday hours are 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- Occasional overtime may be available if desired; in rare circumstances it may be required
It is not required to have any previous experience with the flooring industry. Training is provided.
This is a customer-interactive position where advising and educating consumers is a significant part of the job. A professional, helpful and patient attitude leads to success.
$13.00 per hour and up
Contact this Employer »