Texas State Optical in Kingwood is looking for an experienced Medical/Optical Biller. Candidates must have knowledge and understanding of the entire billing cycle, the ability to work independently, and to solve challenging problems.
Responsibilities and Duties
Tasks would entail but not limited to:
- Work with healthcare insurance companies for payment and processing of claims. Prepare, file, and follow up on claims. Send statements and collect fees from patients.
- Troubleshoot patient billing issues.
- Post patient services/charges and payments/EOBs to their account with our computer software.
- Perform all accounts receivable follow up (Insurance/patient).
- Prepare account/activity reports regularly, and communicate with office manager.
- Provide office production reports to staff.
Qualifications and Skills
- 1+ years of medical or optical billing experience REQUIRED - vision claims billing strongly preferred
- ICD-10 & CPT coding knowledge
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Good computer skills and facility with Windows Office Suite software (Excel, Word, etc.), and ten key keyboard
Job Type: Full-time
Medical or Optical billing: 1 years (Required)
High school or equivalent (Required)
Contact this Employer »