Special Quality Alloys Inc – a market leader in the supply of forged products, bar and machined components for the Oil and Gas industry is seeking an Accounting Clerk/Bookkeeper for their location in Humble, Texas.
• Manage the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of general accounting, accounts receivable, and accounts payable. This includes but not limited to cash disbursements, invoicing/billing, customer credits and collections, hourly personnel time cards, perpetual inventory integrity, fixed asset records.
• Daily contact with operational employees along with local and Corporate Management.
• High degree of sound professional judgment and the ability to plan, coordinate, and implement effective internal financial controls.
• Organized and detail-oriented individual with strong work ethics.
• Shall maintain total confidentiality.
Principal Duties& Responsibilities
• Responsible for all accounting functions which include: Internal Controls, General Ledger, Accounts receivable, Accounts payable, and Inventory.
• Compile monthly financial reports and submit to CPA firm for final publication.
• Prepare all monthly journal entries.
• Reconcile reports and submit to CPA firm to review.
• Analyze all variances, comparing prior month, monthly budget and year to date financial data, providing detailed explanations. Submit to president.
• Perform all accounts receivable collections.
• Analyze monthly inventory and cycle counting.
• Review time cards of hourly personnel and submit to payroll.
• Manages accounts payable and issues all vendor payments via ACH, check and wire transfers.
• Assist property tax consultant in tax rendition on business personal property.
• Daily on-line banking. scanning deposits via virtual deposit machine and printing daily bank activity to reconcile bank to book on a daily basis. Post cash receipts.
• Open mail daily, process AP invoices. Mill invoices processed by purchasing.
• Fill out credit requests on our customers.
• Setting up new customers which require gathering credit information.
• Manage administration of new hires on an as needed basis.
Educational Background & Skill Set
• 5 + years A/P, A/R and general accounting experience.
• High School Diploma a minimum. Two year Accounting Degree or Certificate preferred.
• Strong communications skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and perform multiple tasks.
• Strong experience using Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Operates under minimal supervision and understands work requirements.
• Must be able to work in team environment and be willing to support personnel and departmental needs.
• Must be highly organized and customer-service minded. Responsible for accurate reporting.
• Strong attention to detail and the ability to think strategically.
Commensurate with education, skill set and experience.
Contact this Employer »