Electronic Waste Recycling
Electronic Waste Recycling
« Back to Events
*** This event date has already passed. ***
Saturday, Apr 6th, 2019
Electronic Waste Recycling Event Details:
The City of Houston Solid Waste Department and CompuCycle are providing monthly one day E-Recyclable collection events on the first Saturday of the month at the Kingwood Metro Park & Ride lot. Visit web site for this event »« Back to Events
CompuCycle - Houston’s first R2 certified electronic solutions provider - destroys all hard drive data and recycles all electronics responsibly, safely and securely.
Since the program began last year, collections have averaged about 15,000 pounds per month. Thank you for caring, recycling, and keeping these hazardous substances from the landfill! Compucycle is able to salvage for reuse or sell almost all materials turned in at these events. That is a win win for everyone!
Compucycle accepts nearly all electronics of any age, working or non-working.
- Computers and Laptops
- Servers, Server Racks, Mainframe Equipment
- UPS Systems and Batteries
- Network Equipment, Routers, Switches, Modems
- Telephone Equipment, PBX Systems, VOIP, Business Phones
- Printers, Typewriters, Fax Machines, Scanners, Copiers
- New or Used Toner and Ink Cartridges
- Accessories: Mice, Keyboards, Wires/Cables, HDDS, Speakers
- Power Supplies, AC Adapters
- LCD, LED, Plasma TVs and Monitors
- Audio Equipment: Amplifiers, Receivers, Speakers, Stereos
- Cell Phones, Pagers, IPhones, Blackberry, etc.
- Video Devices: Cameras, VHS/DVD Players, Cable Boxes
- Test Equipment, Oscilloscopes, Spectrum Analyzers
- Audio Devices: RF, Radio, Ham Radio Parts, Amplifiers, Receivers, Stereo Systems
- Satellite Equipment, Dishes, BUCs, LNBs, Waveguides
- Batteries: NiCad Batteries, Lead Acid (UPS Batteries) Laptop Batteries, Cell Phone Batteries, Car Batteries (ALKALINE BATTERIES ARE NOT ACCEPTED)
- Circuit Boards and Electronic Components
- Metals, Steel, Aluminum, Copper, Iron
- Monitors and TVs (Maximum 27” at collection events). Larger TV’s can be dropped at Compucycle facility (or given for FREE on Freecycle.org or KingwoodYardSale.com if still working)
- Household Appliances: Refrigerators, Stoves, Washer/Dryer, Microwaves, Mercury Devices
- Smoke Alarms, Air Conditioners, Fans, Paint, Medical/Biohazard Waste, Solar Panels
- Hazardous Materials, Vacuum Cleaners, Dehumidifiers, Light Bulbs, Oil Waste
- Batteries: Alkaline AA, AAA, C, D, 9V, hearing aids, watches, etc.
You can also recycle these items at the CompuCycle warehouse. Check their web site for details: www.compucycle.net
Keep Kingwood Green will send a monthly reminder to our mailing list and Facebook page
For a list of Other Electronic Recycling Options, please visit our website: http://www.keepkingwoodgreen.org/