The following are reports of commute times in the Kingwood area:
- "It takes me 45 minutes when I go around 2 in the afternoon, so I would bet at least an hour or hour and 15 minutes during rush hour."
- "...take the HOV lane and it maybe takes 25 minutes at around 6am (to downtown)"
- "...for lunch I leave Kingwood around 11am and it ... takes me close to 30 minutes. (I do live towards the front of Kingwood.)"
- "There are two Park & Ride lots in our area (Kingwood and Townsen). Considering how expensive gas and parking can be, this is a very convenient alternative."
- "I commute into Downtown and I usually leave at 7:30 arriving at Minute Maid Park anywhere from 7:50 to 8:10 - depending on traffic. I exit the Downtown Destinations - Jackson exit. I have to go to the other side of DT - so this exit works for me - if I were to stay on the freeway, it would add 20+ minutes to my commute. By exiting here, I save about 15 minutes. The return home is anywhere from 35 to 45 minutes."
- "There is ... an HOV lane that goes all the way downtown. My husband and I take it frequently and we can be downtown in 25 minutes with ease. "
- "To your question about the commute, my husband works at 610 and 10 and he gets there in under 30 minutes, it's an easy drive for him."
- " It's not only a nice area but you'll do a great commute, in other words you'll get there in no time."
- "But I can tell you that taking 59 south to downtown is a breeze. I would say it would take about 20 minutes if you drive yourself. Then again, you can't predict traffic. 59 is pretty clean though."
- "I work downtown and have ridden the Park & Ride the entire time. It's not as timely a commute as taking your own car. But you let someone else do the driving and it's great to have 45 minutes to and from work every day to read or nap or whatever. If you take the car, it's probably around 20-25 minutes."
- "HELLO MY WIFE DRIVES THE 205! IT'S A BREEZE WE LIVE IN GREENTREE AS WELL. I HAVE RIDDEN IT WITH HER IN THE MORNINGS AND HAVE GOTTEN DOWNTOWN WITH NO PROBLEMS IN ABOUT 35 - 45 MINUTES!!"
Note: Commute times will vary based on where in Kingwood you live. Living closer to US59 will make your commute faster. Living at the back of Kingwood can increase your commute by 10+ minutes each way.