Recipe of the Day:
Submitted by: FoFa
"This is another recipe I modified to my taste.
I find around a cup of Alfredo sauce is close to right. You can either make it from scratch, buy a "make it yourself" envelop package which is about a cup, or buy it in a jar and use what you need (what I usually do).
Meat/s - a lot will work here, I usually like sage sausage. I also like to cook up some bacon crispy, crumble it and put on top. We hace also made LINK Italian sausage, and once cooked, sliced it thin and put it on top like peperoni on regular pizza.
Mushrooms work well on this also (but then I love mushrooms).
Onions not so hot.
Cheese, you are not limited to cheddar, I usually use some grated Parmesan also, and have used pizza cheese/Italian cheese/Mexican cheese blend in a package with good results.
I have also used pizza dough (yes in the pop open cardboard can thingie), but for some reason that was a little doughy in the middle. Might want to cook that just a few minutes first before using (mental note for next time).
1 (8-ounce) can refrigerated crescent rolls
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
5 large eggs
1/4 cup milk
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Alfredo Sauce (amount varies)
Sausage and or Bacon (about 1 pound before cooking total)
1. Preheat oven to 375*F (190*C).
2. Fry meat/s in a large skillet until well done; remove from skillet using slotted spoon and drain on paper towels; set aside.
3. Unroll dough and press onto an ungreased pizza pan.
4. Spread Alfredo sauce to your liking on the crust.
5. Layer meat/s and cheese on top.
6. Mix together eggs, milk, and season to taste with salt and pepper; pour evenly over pizza.
7. Bake for 30 minutes or until egg is set and crust is golden.