** This topic has been locked by the administrator **
First off - Would you drink from a glass sitting on your friend's counter that contains a yellow liquid?!!
A man who had accidentally drunk gasoline died after he later lit a cigarette and exploded in flames.
Gary Banning of North Carolina thought the liquid in a jar on the counter of his friend’s house was a drink. He spit it out, and got some on his pants, according to the dailymail.com:
Sometime later, he went outside to smoke a cigarette and burst into flames. ‘It was just a freak incident,’ said WK Preslar, investigator with the Havelock Police Department. Preslar said Mr Banning was visiting his friend, a mechanic who had used the gasoline to help clean the grease from his hands.
Article says after he took one gulp he realized what it was and spit it out and a few drops splashed on his jeans...he later lit a smoke and his pants lit up(maybe a cherry or ember).
many clothes are not flame resistant and it doesn't take much for one to go up in flames when wearing such clothes. ' More smokers should be aware of this as I'm very surprised it doesn't happen more often when people fill up with gas. I use to smoke and never lit up after I filled up in fear I may of stepped in some....LOL