AR/AP, Admin. Asst. Kingwood Resume - Kingwood, TX
||Last Updated: Dec 1, 2010 @ 10:13am
Seeking Job: AR / AP, Admin. Asst.
Position Desired: AR/AP, Admin. Asst.
Objective: To obtain a long term position with a stable firm that will be able to utilize the skills, experience, dedication, and excellent work ethic I am able to bring to your workplace
Graduated High School in 1969 with general education with emphasis on business.
Some College Courses - San Jacinto College and accounting @ Houston Community College.
Work History / Experience:
Coldwell Banker DuFour Realty
Dec. – Nov.
* Opening and closing of escrows within our office, including disbursement of payment to agents
* Responsible for maintaining escrow files for between and agents.
* Maintaining telephone system.
* Keeping agent income records.
* AR / AP
*Created new statistical reports and monthly comparative reports for Broker and owner
* Agent billing on a monthly basis
* Trouble shooting and assisting Agents with minor computer problems including downloading, updating programs and diagnosing and correcting minor problems with software, internet connections, etc.
* Various and many miscellaneous administrative reports, statistics, daily office newsletter and agent assistance.
* Very knowledgeable in the use of Word, Excel, Peachtree, and Publisher programs.
Desmark Industries, Inc
Smithfield, Rhode Island
Jan. – June
Office Manager/Bookkeeper for a manufacturer of collectibles and gift items
* Performed all HR duties for the employees of the company.
* Directly responsible for the hiring, daily supervision and training of two clerical support positions.
* Acted as Administrative Assistant to the President of the company.
* Prepared weekly payroll data for the submission to a payroll service
* Prepared and made payroll tax payments on a weekly basis.
* Performed Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and bookkeeping functions including monthly and quarterly statements, general ledger, journal entries
Liddell, Sapp Attorneys, Houston, Texas
April – August
Bookkeeper for Attorney Law Firm
Accounting/Payroll Clerk & Assistant Supervisor
* GL Journal entries
* Complete Payroll function for approximately employees with offices in locations, including preparation of quarterly tax reports and payments.
* AP / AR
* Complete monthly billing process for all attorneys
* Bank reconciliation for multimillion dollar accounts
* Maintained Trust Accounts for clients
* Acted as supervisor in absence of accounting manager
all office machines
some IT troubleshooting
Desired Compensation / Salary: