Highly Skilled Admin SPC with Design Skills Kingwood Resume - Kingwood, TX
||Last Updated: Mar 29, 2011 @ 9:59am
Seeking Job: Highly Skilled Admin SPC With Design Skills
Position Desired: Highly Skilled Admin SPC with Design Skills
Dear Hiring Manager,
I am seeking opportunites as an office manager/administrative specialist/project coordinator. As you will see on my resume, I have gained much experience utilizing computers and various applications, specifically those within the Microsoft Office Suite. I have tested at the expert level in Excel and Access and advanced level in Word and PowerPoint, through staffing agencies I've contracted for in the past. I utilize Publisher frequently within my own business to create business cards, brochures, flyers, and other marketing collateral for clients, non-profits and my own business. I have and use Adobe Creative Suite containing applications such as Dreamweaver for creating web sites, Photoshop for manipulating and enhancing images and creating unique graphics, InDesign for page layout, Illustrator for creating vector graphics which are more favorable for printing and scaling, Acrobat Pro for file conversion to PDF and manipulation of those PDF's and many more.Simply stated, I've never encountered an application I couldn't easily adapt to.
I am a former employee of Halliburton where I worked in the operations department in the Broussard, Louisiana location. I performed support functions for the operations department in the form of collecting technical data, quality checking that data, pulling data into MS Access and manipulating that same data into queries, reports, charts and various documents used by operations and sales for the purpose of tracking tool performance and as sales tools. I also supported the field engineers in providing cell phones and pagers and submitting and tracking their vacation requests, travel arrangements and other administrative functions.
In a former contracting position with ExxonMobil, I also became quite adept at utilizing SAP. Within all positions I have held, multi-tasking was a daily requirement. My responsibilities included supporting top level management, sales staff, co-workers and field personnel. One of the functions I enjoyed very much was making travel arrangements, event and meeting coordination.
As an entrepreneur, I've also had to expand my knowledge of good accounting practices in the area of invoicing, accounts payable and receivable as well as some knowledge of business related taxes. Of course all of these positions, and my current volunteer and networking activities require a high degree of professionalism, which I continue to expand upon by staying involved in my community.
I also have skills and experience in graphic and web design, utilizing the applications of Adobe Creative Suite, such as Photoshop, Fireworks, InDesign, and Dreamweaver. I utilize these applications for creating digital graphics, logos, re-touching and customizing photos and stock photography, which can all be used for business cards, brochures, web graphics, and various marketing collateral. I also have advanced skills with PowerPoint to create professional presentations, with animation and narration. In my repertoire of computer skills is an advanced ability to manipulate data within MS Excel and Access for the purpose of data tracking, analysis and reporting.
With all of my skills and experience, I would make an excellent and quite productive member of your team. I am available for an interview at your earliest convenience and in the interim, feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.
Lynda.com / www.lynda.com
Dreamweaver CS3 / MS Office 2010 / WordPress 3.0
Lonestar College Kingwood / Kingwood, TX
Adobe Dreamweaver V9.0 / Basic, Intermediate and Portrait Photography
Productivity Point / Lafayette, LA,
MS Office Suite, Introduction to Visual Basic
Southern Technical College / Lafayette, LA,
Computerized Office Technology, consisting of:
Spreadsheets, Wordprocessing, Business Communications, Basic Accounting, Keyboarding, etc.
United States Navy, Memphis, TN / Great Lakes, IL / San Diego, CA
Electronics / Telecommunications / Shipboard Communications / Morse Code
US Department of Defense Telecommunications Operator
Work History / Experience:
A highly capable and seasoned administrative professional with + years experience managing business relations and special projects while streamlining office operations for major productivity gains. A versatile and mature self-starter who has earned a reputation for being hardworking, creative and reliable. An expert at building client/vendor databases for the optimizing of organizational processes. Comfortable working in a fast paced environment; highly collaborative team player with superb people skills, eager to grow and learn. Proven ability to improve processes and procedures and meet demanding deadlines.
TECHNICAL SKILLS & PROFICIENCIES
MS Word / MS Excel / MS PowerPoint / MS Access / MS Publisher / MS Outlook / Adobe Photoshop / Adobe InDesign / Adobe DreamWeaver / Adobe FireWorks / Adobe Acrobat Pro / SAP / Desktop Publishing / Database Administration / Planning and Scheduling / Travel Arrangements / Analytical Reporting / Process Improvement / Event Coordination / Internet Research / Customer Service / Technical Support / Interdepartmental Coordination and Collaboration / Graphic Design
/ WordPress / Switchboard Operations
* Lynda.com / www.lynda.com; Dreamweaver CS / MS Office /Flash CS -
* Lonestar College Kingwood / Kingwood, TX; Adobe Dreamweaver V. - / Basic, Intermediate and Portrait Photography -
* Productivity Point / Lafayette, LA; MS Office Suite, Introduction to Visual Basic -
* Southern Technical College / Lafayette, LA; Computerized Office Technology, consisting of: Spreadsheets, Wordprocessing, Business Communications, Basic Accounting, Keyboarding, etc. -
* United States Navy, Memphis, TN / Great Lakes, IL / San Diego, CA; Electronics / Telecommunications, Shipboard Communications, Morse Code –
Owner / Administrative Specialist / Online Business Manager - Versatile Virtual Assistant, Kingwood, TX to Present
KEY ACCOMPLISHMENTS: Provide dedicated support to clients by taking on administrative, technical and creative tasks they are unable to, thereby freeing up more time and money by not incurring the expense of purchasing new equipment and software or taking on a new employee. Advise clients on tehnological resources and connect clients with other business owners and resources to form strategic alliances and increase visibility and productivity.
* Create graphics, presentations, e-book covers, booklets, flyers, logos and other marketing collateral for clients.
* Manage client calendars, printing and publishing projects and travel arrangements.
* Design, maintain and update websites with Dreamweaver and WordPress.
* Coordinate and schedule meetings, workshops, presentations and marketing expositions.
* Develop strategic alliances with other entrepreneurs and business owners to complete projects.
* Conceptualize database solutions; build, populate, customize and maintain various databases.
* Implement social media marketing and management services; to include profile and page setup, article submissions, blogging and publishing.
Sales and Marketing Assistant - Scomi Oiltools Inc., Houston, TX
KEY ACCOMPLISHMENTS: Created and implemented customer information database to supply sales department, legal department and management with up to date and accurate information on customer contracts. Increased completion of customer contracts by to % by creating and implementing contract tracking database and document filing system. Built user friendly interface for sales team to access their customer files with the click of a button within MS Access. Collaborated with vendors in area of advertising, marketing collateral, travel and lodging to procure highest quality, yet cost efficient products for the company.
* Aided Senior VP of Sales, managers, staff and co-workers with calendaring, scheduling of meetings and travel as well as time sensitive reports and execution of special projects.
* Bolstered efficiency by creating and implementing organized and highly accessible filing system of customer contracts.
* Acquired and arranged most cost effective options for group meetings, travel and translation services.
* Coordinated procurement of promotional materials and marketing collateral, as well as advertising with industry relative publications.
* Coordinated and prepared material for RFP/RFQ packages.
* Collaborated with insurance company to tailor insurance certificates to customer and vendor specific requirements.
* Conducted re-branding workshops for management and staff, as company brand ambassador.
Administrative Specialist - Kingwood Personnel, Inc., Kingwood, TX / Kelly Services, Houston, TX –
KEY ACCOMPLISHMENTS: Provided administrative and executive support within busy offices. Devised solutions to increase productivity and in some cases instructed others on better and advanced use of technology already in place.
* Provided efficient administrative support to clients in various environments and offices.
* Arranged domestic and international travel, lodging and transportation for staff.
* Coordination of group events, testing workshops, seminars and meetings.
* Prepared payroll, expense and other types reports.
* Developed and implemented organized filing systems.
* Created presentations, memos, mail merges, training and instructional manuals as well as general correspondence.
* Coordinated acquisition, repair and maintenance of office equipment and purchase of office supplies.
** (Companies worked for include: ExxonMobil, Baker Hughes, Universal Technical Institute)
MWD Operations Department Assistant – Halliburton, Lafayette, LA -
KEY ACCOMPLISHMENTS: Provided management, sales staff and field personnel of up to , with top-notch administrative and technical support services. Created tracking and reporting databases for issuance of pagers and cell phones and staff vacation time. Time % or more, with the tracking abilities allowing efforts to be concentrated on more productive tasks.
* Negotiated more cost efficient contracts with pager and cell phone vendors.
* Coordinated the collection of tool performance data and manipulated into analytical charts and reports; revenue reports, budget forecasts and tool performance (MTBF) reports and * Planned and arranged meetings, domestic and international travel for staff and management.
* Coordinated the acquisition, repair and maintenance of office equipment and purchase of office supplies.
* Relieved receptionist and night dispatcher as needed.
Administrative Secretary -
Moore’s Machine and Supply, Broussard, LA
* Supported management and staff of up to . Created payroll reports, ordered office supplies and equipment for office staff, correspondence, reporting, filing and other clerical and support services.
Administrative Specialist / Office Support -
Kelly Services, Lafayette, LA
(Provided administrative support services for diverse clientele of staffing agency.)
* Switchboard operations, receptionist and clerical duties, correspondence, customer service, dictation, filing and general support services, to include travel arrangements and computer operations.
Operations Technical Clerk -
(MWD Department) Halliburton Geodata Broussard, LA
* Provided administrative and executive support within busy office. Manage executive’s calendar; plan meetings, arrange travel, prepare reports, spreadsheets and presentations, manage records and administer database. Acted as ambassador for international visitors and team members.
Telecommunications Operator/Radioman -
Unites States Navy
* Operated DOD ELF, VLF, LF, HF, UHF, and SHF systems, particularly the tone-modulated radioteletype (RATT) equipment and associated peripheral equipment, (teletypes and teleprinters). Also responsible for the prompt delivery of special handling code FLASH, CRITIC, LIMDIS, PERSONAL FOR, and other various classified message traffic, and other specifically designated messages to commanding officers and associated chain of command. Also responsible for antenna maintenance at both ship and shore based stations.
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS, OFFICES AND AFFILIATIONS
* ABWA WOVEN (Women of Vision Express Network) / -- VP of Marketing and PR, Program Editor & Webmaster; www.abwawoven.org
* ABWA Humble Artesian Chapter / -, Newsletter Editor, Membership Database Administrator, Webmaster; www.abwahumble.org
* Federation of Houston Professional Women / - Database Director, - Gala Presentation Producer/Coordinator– www.fhpw.org
* Lake Houston Area Chamber of Commerce / www.humbleareachamber.org ( Committee Chair for “Ladies Night Out” fall fundraiser) ,
* Professional Connection / President, - , Webmaster, Committee Chair WOTY - www.womenspc.org
PRO-BONO WORK AND PROJECTS
* - Website Re-design and Maintenance – Family Promise of Lake Houston, Humble, TX; www.familypromiselakehouston.org
* - -Newsletter Editor, Program Editor, Webmaster – ABWA Woven and Professional Connection, Kingwood, TX
* - Church Volunteer, Woodlands Church East Technology Ministry (Teleprompter, Slide show Presentations).
* – Memorial Area Ministries – Employment Services Volunteer (Assist clients with computer operations).
* - Church Volunteer, Woodlands Church East - Vacation Bible School and Childcare Ministry.
* - HISD/Woodland Hills Elementary Volunteer - th grade homeroom Mom, school events volunteer.
Web Design, Graphic Design, Marketing Support, Event Coordiantion, Administrative Support, Public Speaking and much more.
Desired Compensation / Salary: