Keep Kingwood.com Friendly - Community Agreement
Kingwood.com (KDC) is a local gathering place for neighbors in the Kingwood area.
If you follow the goal of "Keeping Kingwood.com Friendly," you should have no problem fitting in the with Kingwood.com crowd!
Keep Kingwood.com Friendly, Safe and Welcoming:
A Couple Guidelines:
- No insults, name calling, or inflammatory comments intended to start a fight. Refrain from posting personal attacks or grievances publicly. Avoid broad negative generalizations about other Kingwood.com members.
- If many people might interpret a message or picture as racist, bigoted or sexist, please refrain from posting it.
- Don't pretend to be someone else, or post under several usernames. (With one exception: You are allowed to use one username on the main Forums, and a different username under the "Village Chat" section, to preserve your anonymity)
- Never post personal information without permission, either publicly or in private messages.
- No "stalking behavior," including: following a member from one discussion thread to another while criticizing him/her; following someone into another thread and trying to continue a disagreement that began elsewhere; disparaging an individual in a thread where that person is not participating.
- Debate can be lively, but must remain civil and respectful.
- Keep the forums clean: messages that are too crude may get deleted. Don't post sexually explicit or violent pictures.
- No business solicitations, advertisements or spam on the forums, please.
- Please follow our strict photo guidelines when posting photos to the forums, including profile pictures.
- "Keep KDC Friendly" applies to all participation on the site, including private messages.
Moderators have the final word on forum decisions. Any message that we feel doesn't keep the KDC forums friendly
and inviting for others, may be removed or locked by moderators.
We are willing to discuss disputes in a calm manner, but
publicly attacking a moderator, or intentionally undermining a moderator's actions, will get your account locked.
Religious Discussion »
Hey, What About Free Speech?
Kingwood.com is a privately owned web site, which means we can and do restrict certain conversations
on the forums. We do this with the goal of keeping Kingwood.com a friendly and inviting place for most residents of Kingwood.
Just like you couldn't curse at church, or use racial slurs at Disney World, without getting
kicked out; we have set certain reasonable limits on Kingwood.com members in order
to participate. This generally means making sure your messages are
friendly and respectful of others. The Internet is a big place, and there are many web sites where all types
of controversial and inflammatory discussions are allowed, but KDC is not one of them.
*YOUR* Help Is Needed:
There are three ways you can help:
« Back to the KDC Message Boards
- Contact us if you'd like to volunteer as a KDC moderator.
- Use the :keepkdcfriendly: emoticon in your messages to remind others to "Keep KDC Friendly" when trouble arises.
- Click the gray flag icon at the bottom of a message if you think it breaks the spirit of "Keeping KDC Friendly"